We have experience in protecting our clients’ and defending in cases whether you have been accused of drink driving, speeding or careless driving. We understand the need for our clients’ to maintain a clean driving licence to ensure that they can get on with their day to day lives without interruption or inconvenience. Even in cases where a disqualification is mandatory, we can help to reduce the length of time spent disqualified in order to get people back on their feet. Our dedicated Team of driving offence solicitors can advise and assist you on these matters.
Our Fees:(Please note that VAT is charged at 20% on all our fees and any disbursements which may attract VAT)
A straightforward matter usually will take approximately between 3 and 7 hours of work at £150.00 plus VAT per hour excluding representation fees by Counsel. Total costs estimated at -£600.00 - £1050.00 (+VAT).
However, please note that the exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if the matter is settled at the first hearing, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple hearings or if the matter becomes more complex, costs will be at the higher end or higher based on the amount of hours spent on the matter.
Fee includes:2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- arranging Counsel for one hearing at Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
- Counsel Fees
- Meet our Legal Team to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of our hourly rate of £150.00 +VAT).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will arrange for Counsel to attend court on the day and to meet with you before attending the court. Usually Court hearings will take up to half a day and can take longer depending on the circumstance of the case.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.